The Benefits of a Barre Workout
If you’re looking for a focused, effective core workout, Barre Blend is absolutely the class for you. It may look like ballet, but it’s not. Barre fitness classes are simply ballet-inspired, mixing elements of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional training. The beauty of the barre is that we emphasis engaging your core throughout the whole class for compounded results – so even if we are working the arms or thighs, we are always engaging, and therefore strengthening, the core at the same time.
A strong core can increase your performance in all other activities in your life, whether you’re playing tennis or just lifting your kids. Without a strong core, your muscles cannot move freely or efficiently, so you will tend to overuse your lower back muscles and put additional stress on other joints- commonly leading to aches, pains and injuries.
Barre workouts are great not just for strength and toning. Each class provides a cardio element in addition to stretching. You will work the cardiovascular system through continual movement while feeling the challenge of isolated muscle groups contracting and releasing. With the cardio element you will get the aerobic conditioning that aids for improving metabolism and weight loss.
No experience required. Everyone has different starting points, strengths and challenges. If you are worried about not having any previous training or fear you won’t be able to ‘get it’ or keep up, rest assured that our instructors will guide you through the movements and offer helpful feedback without singling you out. And, remember, each person can be challenged at their own level in class without affecting anyone else’s workout. Always measure progress against yourself; not the person next to you!
Here are some great reasons to try a barre workout!
- Hard on muscles, kind on joints. The small, super-controlled movements that take place in barre classes reduce pressure on your joints, tendons, ligaments and spine. By doing barre regularly, you’ll also notice a remarkable improvement in your core strength and posture. While a tight core will give you a taller appearance, it will also keep you safe from injuries.
- Increased flexibility. Through focused stretching, an improved range-of-motion is one of the greatest benefits of barre exercise. Sometimes people are flexible but not strong, or strong and not flexible, so whether you can sit comfortably in a pretzel position or you’re stiffer than a board, barre classes actually teach your body to be both. Having flexibility and strength allows you to enjoy a longer, active life free of injuries.
- Lose weight and inches. Many of the workouts target the largest muscle groups in the body, like the thighs and glutes. The larger the muscle, the more calories burned! As you continue to attend class, you will build more lean muscle mass and raise your resting metabolic rate, which can help you to produce more energy and expend calories. Perhaps more important than actual weight loss, barre classes will help you drop a size by redistributing inches on your body – making you appear (and feel) longer and leaner. If you pair barre workouts with a healthy diet, you will achieve even better results.
- Greater range of motion and endurance for all other activities and sports. Barre classes target the core muscle groups that may be neglected in conventional strength training, in a variety of interesting ways. For example, skiers and snowboarders may notice enhanced knee alignment, improved balance and greater quad and hamstring recruitment. If you’re a golfer or tennis player, you just may experience greater hip openness and movement allowing for a better swing. Runners can attain increased endurance, faster PR times and reduced impact on joints.
- Rapid results. Yes, you will be sore after the first few classes, but you’ll also see some major results in little time – so stick with it! If you perform a barre workout 2-4 times weekly, you will typically notice changes in as little as one month. Changes may include an improved posture, thinner thighs, chiseled arms, a sculpted back, flat abs and a lifted seat. Barre classes are incredibly effective at transforming so-called ‘problem’ areas, especially for women.
If you are skeptical because you think there’s no way a workout routine based off of ballet could be hard, think again! You will discover muscles you didn’t know existed. In each energizing and targeted workout, you’ll use the barre and exercise equipment such as mini-balls and small hand weights to sculpt, slim and stretch your entire body. You’ll find that the time spent in class passes very quickly due to the fast pace, variety of exercises, upbeat music, ever-changing choreography and inspiring instructors. It’s never the same class twice! After each satisfyingly exhausting class, your entire body will truly feel WORKED. You’ll feel stretched, strengthened and invigorated. It truly does foster its own ‘barre high’.
If you want a workout that will challenge you, inspire you, and make you feel like a dancer all at the same time, meet me at the barre!
Barre Blend Class Days and Time:
- Mondays 1145-1235 pm | Bellevue
- Mondays 530-620 pm | Ashwaubenon
- Wednesdays 630-720 am | Ashwaubenon
Call today to purchase your Series Package | Buy More, Save More!
- $80 (8 Classes)
- $140 (16 Classses)
- Bellin Fitness Ashwaubenon | 920.430.4756
- Bellin Fitness Bellevue | 920.433.6756
Feature Photo Source: Equilibristudio.com