National Women’s Health & Fitness Day is a nation-wide effort to focus attention on the importance of regular exercise and healthy living for women so take time to celebrate with these 10 good-for-you healthy tips:
2. Get your thyroid checked. A sluggish or hyperactive thyroid can wreak havoc on your concentration, mood, and weight—-and can go undetected for years.
3. Eat some superfoods! You may not be Superwoman (well not every day), but you can eat superfoods. We’re talking broccoli, apples, turnips—-and lots of other good stuff you can find at your local farmer’s market. Try superfoods that can help you lose weight, fight colds, boost your heart health, and even live longer.
5. Ask a friend to work out. Not only will exercising be more fun, but studies have shown that working out with a pal can help you stay motivated and lose more weight than those who go solo.
8. Stay hydrated. Not a fan of the 8-glasses-of-water-a-day rule? Try these 15 juicy, water-filled foods.
9. Rub out stress with a massage. While a little bit of stress is fine for the body, prolonged stress can take a toll on your body, including weight gain, hair loss, and blood sugar swings.
10. Eat some chocolate. May we suggest these chocolate ricotta muffins? Not only does chocolate (the dark kind) have all sorts of health benefits, letting yourself savor the foods that give you pleasure is one of the healthiest things a woman can do.