After working with hundreds of people one-on-one to help them improve their bodies and their lives, Tyler Bramlett, exercise, nutrition and lifestyle coach, finally realized that it’s not the big changes you make that help you achieve your goals but rather the small changes that actually make a BIG difference! After he realized this, he decided to focus on learning, applying and teaching people NEW habits so they could experience real and lasting change in every area of their lives.
When he began this new way of teaching, it was easy for him to see that habits are the single, most-powerful way to transform a body. He thought it was incredible to see what consistent practice of developing new habits could do for a person. As new, GOOD habits replaced old BAD habits he could see their bodies and lives change!
That’s where his book, 27 Body Transformation Habits You Can’t Ignore, came in. He wanted to share the 27 habits that would deliver you the most powerful benefits in the shortest amount of time. Bramlett stated “If you develop these habits you will witness an incredible transformation in the way you look, feel and perform.” In a three-part blog, you will see, step-by-step, how to transform your bad habits into good ones and along the way transform the way your body looks and feel. Get ready, to take those first steps …
STEPS FOR SUCCESS
- Step 1 – Purchase and read 27 Body Transformation Habits You Can’t Ignore by Tyler Bramlett
- Step 2 – Place the Habits Forming checklist in a visible location and complete it http://27habits.com/checklists
- Step 3 – Start by completing the 5 monthly recommended habits during an off day from work.
FIVE MONTHLY HABITS
- Monthly Habits are the foundation for Habit Building
- Four of these habits involve some critical thinking and creativity
- IMPORTANT – must do these 5 habits once per month for the rest of the habits to be successful
- These habits will help you to develop a deep sense of self-awareness, purpose and direction
- These habits serve as your roadmap and will guide you to success
ONE: IDENTIFY WHAT WORKS
- “If it doesn’t work it’s because it doesn’t WORK!
- Investigate what works and what doesn’t for YOU: Surround yourself with like-minded people
- Professionally: Do what you love; love what you do
- In the gym: You can work Harder or work Longer, but you CANNOT do both…WORK HARDER!!!
- In the Kitchen: Nutrition…You CANNOT out run bad nutrition
- Journal …… Evaluate……Reboot
TWO: SET S.M.A.R.T. GOALS
- Specific: The more specific the goal the more likely you are to achieve it.
- Measurable: Know what you are going to measure and how you are going to measure it.
- Attainable: Goal needs to be something feasible.
- Relevant: Make sure you are setting goals that tap into your deepest passions and make sure you have your reasons why written down so that you always know why you’re working towards this goal.
- Time Bound: No goal is complete without a deadline
THREE: ADJUST YOUR PLAN FOR SUCCESS
- Keep and open mind and willingness to change
Think of the goal you are about to learn about as an endless journey. In order to be successful your plan shouldn’t be set in stone. The most successfully individuals set goals and make plans to achieve them just like yourself. BUT the difference between those who are successful and those who aren’t are the ones who adjust and adapt along the way. Unfortunately, those who don’t adjust when they meet a roadblock become frustrated and end up quitting
- Failure can be educational
Think of Thomas Edison who once said after failing 10,000 times to invent the lightbulb. I didn’t fail 10,000 times, I found 10,000 ways not to make the lightbulb
- KEY to achieving your goals is planning, analyzing, act, and repeat
- REMEMBER, there is no failure. What you’ve learned is knowledge of what worked and what didn’t
FOUR: CREATE YOUR OWN DAILY AFFIRMATION
- Write your goals in the future
“It’s June 1st, 2017 and I’m 12 lbs lighter. I have eaten better and exercise smarter to get me to this huge goal!”
- Include details: how you will feel, who you will tell, the clothes you’ll wear and any other details that will make the goal more real for you.
- End with a statement of gratitude:
“I am so grateful for where I am in my life and I’m excited for what I know I can do.”
FIVE: DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF
- Take care of yourself
– If you neglect yourself, you will not have the capacity to care for others
– Improve health, your happiness, and the way you look and feel
– Strengthen your relationships with others and encourage others to follow in your footsteps
- Some things to consider:
– Get a massage
– Go see a Chiropractor
– See a Therapist
– Go on a weekend retreat
– Schedule a day to sleep in
– Anything that you know will help you feel like a million bucks!
REFERENCE: 27 Body Transformation Habits You Can’t Ignore by Tyler Bramlett